While
this number has the potential to paralyze there are other statistics which give
me hope. For instance the statistic that says students who have a relationship
with their pastor/church are more likely to stick with their faith. Or the
statistic that says students are more likely to stick if they’ve taken their
faith and hold it as their own. I pray that these statistics are indicative of
our students. I pray that our graduated seniors feel the embrace of a loving
savior and carry that into their first year of post high school education.
In
the end we’re talking about finishing and perseverance. This struggle is
something that mature Christian’s have dealt with for years. Pain and
difficulty challenges resolve and conviction. Faith either shines through or
falters for a period of time. Most high school students haven’t had to deal
with these things by themselves. This is why college is such a huge drop off
point for students and their faith.
I
ask this summer that you take the time to pray for our graduates. I ask that
you pray they persevere through the difficulties and new challenges of
post-high school life and finish well. Statistics are helpful in determining
trends and giving insight, but in the end it’s the Holy Spirit that has the
final say.
Grace and peace to you this summer,
-Mat
No comments:
Post a Comment